Thursday, December 18, 2008

posted by Sara at

Melinda


Say hi to Melinda =)

I finally started on her after weeks of procrastination. Just got the head done so far, took me the whole day! Will work on her body tomorrow.

Mind you, her looks may change a bit so this isn't exactly the final version of her face. I'm considering giving her longer hair since I don't like how she looks all Cleopatra-ish.

I wish I had better tools to work with =( I had to use the tip of a rubber to smooth out the clay.

Phatty suggested the name Melinda. I researched the meaning of it and fell inlove with the name:

"The modern name Melinda is a combination of "Mel" with the suffix "-inda". "Mel" can be derived from names such as Melanie meaning "dark, black" in Greek or from Melissa meaning "honey bee" in Greek. It is also associated with the Greek word meli meaning "honey" and with Linda meaning "gentle, soft, tender" in Germanic"

From wiki.

Melinda is gonna be used in a clay animation project. I already built the set, but I am gonna scrap it and start over because it's too small. Atleast I got a feel for how to build sets so I wont repeat any mistakes I've done with the first version.

Updates on Melinda and the project coming soon!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face of Melinda , reminds me of a song title , how ever she is creepy as you and phat (j/k)

well done it seems you worked hard for it , hope we will see some stop motion scenes some times soon.

well done :)

Soullesssssss

December 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hehe yeah my little sister is fascinated as well as horrified by her. She told me not to let Melinda walk into her room at night.

I didn't start on her body yet, got caught up with other stuff =( This thursday is dedicated to her inshallah.

Thanks =)

December 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home