Thursday, November 20, 2008

posted by Phat'Hi at

Daemon to Daemon

[Coldster] - by Conjugater (isn't that me!?)
I've been much laid down by the continous massive rape attacks from my university doctors. As much as I would love to complain about it, it would just let me be off my slack off mood now. I'm at the moment working on a book that would take so long since there is no time for my own butt to scratch and a poem that I will be sharing here and on my Deviantart.

I've been advancing in guitar playing with the encouragment of a friend who shares my taste and since we are almost daily together because he is taking the same major as me and is having the same classes with me we finall decided to do something stupid or just have fun the way we want, after all lectures were off we went to this room called audio club in our campus that includes very nice instrument and it was the first time I ever played 'Oud' there, but kind of funny since I was making a death metal riff on it. Spending time there almost making fun of every human we encountered today especially the doctors, we heartly took both electric guitars and started playing and for less than an hour we made something totally messed up and funny. As my friend was practicing it, I inpluged a mic into the huge amplifier and started saying arabic stuff with black metal vocals that made us die from stupidity and how bored we are, but my friend wanted to laugh more so he told me to do these vocals and we both play the thing we came up with which turned out to be a very 'lame' 1:13 minutes track to the point that we kept replaying it over and over.


Sumarian Mythology:



Seldom do I remember being into mythologies like I do now, I'm into every kind of it but at the very moment i'm into something close to my culture and maybe something that have affected my ancient hebrew people for a way or other, Sumarian Mythology. Its endless and its very interesting.
One of the things very well known about this is 'Apkallu' or Abgal(English). They are spirits who supposdly long lived before the 'flood'. Guardians and they were often represented as winged men and sometimes having an eagle head instead of human's. They were 7 or 8 and they either were poets to write about the epics of Erra and Gilgamesh or Ministers to the god Ea. They are represented as Demi-Gods.

Adapa, the very first apkalu, was a mortal from a godly heritage, a son of Enki , the god of wisdom , who brought the arts of civilization to that city. He broke the wings of Ninlil the South Wind, who had overturned his fishing boat, and was called to account before Anu. Ea, his patron god, warned him to apologize for what he did, but not to share the food or drink while he was in heaven, as it would be the food of death. Anu, impressed by Adapa's sincerity, offered instead the food of immortality, but Adapa heeded Ea's advice, refused, and thus missed the chance for immortality.
Adapa is often identified as advisor to the mythical first (antediluvian) king of Eridu, Alulim. In addition to his advisory duties, he served as a priest , and upon his death took his place among the Seven Sages (Apkallū).
He was portrayed as a man wearing the skin of a fish.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Intresting .. I've been reading a mathmatics book and the Sumerians are mentioned ALOT! I'll write about it another time inshallah =P

November 22, 2008 at 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home