Tuesday, March 24, 2009

posted by Sara at

Product Review: Raid Fly Control System Window Stickers

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I was sitting at my desk, typing away at an assignment, when I decided to open my studio's french windows to let in some fresh air as well as warm sunshine. Enjoying the cool breezes, I left the windows open all day long. Little did I know unwelcome guests were coming into my studio as well ...

Night cloaks the world in darkness, and the cool breezes I enjoyed all day become icy. I close my french windows, and set about preparing dinner. Still oblivious to my unwelcome guests, I go about my normal night routine. After taking a showe, I sit at my desk to do a bit of course reading. I think it was about then that I realized there was a curios buzzing noise in my room.

FLIES! xD

About 2 and a half dozen of them, maybe even more, in my tiny room xD I was horrified! I grabbed a folder that contained notes for one of my classes and started smacking away at the flies. I managed to kill perhaps 5, but just couldnt get at the rest, plus my folder had torn in half from the force of my swats (it's in the bin now ... I really liked that folder =( )

It was too late to go to the store and grab an insect killer spray. It was too late to get out of the house period. So I had to put up with the nonstop buzzing near my ears, and become content with smacking myself in the head evey few minutes as a fly buzzes close to me.

I can't even describe the level of my annoyance as I sat at my desk trying to get some reading done.

The next day (yesterday) I went to the closest store after uni. Can you believe they were out of insect killer spray xD Stone cold out. But they had somthing else --> Raid Fly Control System Window Sticker. I live in a tiny town and public transportation ends at 7 in the evening, so I had no time to catch the bus to some other store. Plus I'm lazy.

I had no choice, I had to buy it. It had two stickers in it, and as soon as I got home I stuck one unto my window and hoped for the best. Within the hour, 4 flies lay dead on the floor under the sticker =D

The sticker is not supposed to be used on any other surface but a window, so I grabbed the other one and only removed the covering film. I stuck some blu tac on it's back and secured on one corner of the floor of my kitchen.

The next morning (today) there was only three flies dead altogether =( That was dissapointing, as the flies were still annoying me. However, whe I got home a lovely suprise awaited me. 11 flies dead altogether =D and another 6 so far =DDD There a still a few left in my room, but it's better than having 30-ish xD

How does the Raid Sticker Work?



Flies are attracted by the colour, design and natural food attractants in the sticker and come in contact with the active ingredient which works within minutes to kill them.


Thank you Raid, thank you for such a wonderful product. I am a believer now in insect killing stickers.

My rating of the product --> 4.5/5

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Muggle said...

Wow. 30 flies :|? I would've been horrified. I know they're only flies but 30 is a very big number :|.

March 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Zaytoon Wo Za3tar said...

loooool!
This is so funny and such an awesome read (written nicely).
7amdulellah you found those stickers! Next time don't keep your window/doors open all day...let this be a lesson to you =P

laters

March 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Muggle: imagine your every move in every corner of your room causing several flies to buzz about crazily .. that's how it was xD

G-chan: thanks lol. And dont worry I am never EVER repeating this mistake again. It was a horrible experience

March 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home