Sunday, July 20, 2008

posted by Sara at

Prespectives

Me and Phat are both reading Interview with a Vampire. This is my second time reading the book and am planning to go through the Chronicles again. It's a pretty dark and gruseome novel, not appealing to most people ... so I made Phat read it as well at the same time =P

The dude is still on page 80 while I've reached page 207 xD But it's not cause he isn't enjoying the novel but because he's currently overseas on Holiday and so is busyish with his family.

We spoke about the book today, and how he is likeing it so far. The vampire Louis is totally gay according to him and Lestat he likes very much, and I totally agreed with him lol. However, when he came to talk about a certain part in the story, I didn't so much agree with him. Lestat sets out to kill a young man, and Louis gets hot on his trail to stop him. Louis attempt in foiling Lestat's plan is in vain, as Lestat managed to get to the young man and kill him.

With me, reading through that part of the story, when Lestat kills the poor young man, I was really dissapointed and sad. I wanted Louis to stop Lestat, because the young man had so much potential and life ahead of him. When I told Phat my take on the story, he told me that he infact was grinning because of the murder Lestat commited. That actually kinda got me smiling, because I know me and him will have slightly different opinions of the book by the time we finish it, which will make into an intresting conversation =P

NEW WORDS I LEARNT TODAY!

*Aesthetic Decision: Aesthetic is to do with beauty and good taste, so an aesthetic decision is a decision based on sentiment and taste.

*Absolved: freed from any question of guilt

*Defunct: having ceased to exist or live, dead. This blog is kinda defunct xD

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fathi takes his time doing things, bas he does em good. i bet he's reading into it and imagining every single thing as they come ><

goodluck with the book.

btw, your posts are better than you know who's.

oh... me here, me here. no defunct.

July 21, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I know what you mean about you know who's posts.

Need to have a talk with you know who about it =P

Thanks for passing by ^_^

July 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home