Friday, March 7, 2008

posted by Sara at

Wake up call

No, not the Maroon 5 song =P

But a call from my Mother.

I spoke to her a bit about how I am doing her and all that jazz, just the usual "How are you how is study how is the weather" and so forth.

Then my baby sister grabbed the phone from her and started singing Barney's famous one hit wonder "I love you, you love me".

Awwww!

I just so wanted to hug her and squish her and bite her cheeks!

My little brother refused to talk to me.




His reason?

I yelled at him last time we spoke and threatened to get no gifts next time I see him coz he doesn't talk to me much on the phone. So he's mad at me now =\

Sheesh! Can't he take a joke? I was so kidding!

Spoke to my other sister who told me about the weird party/family gathering that was held at our house yesterday in celebration of my brother's and sister's birthday. Everything is weird to this girl for some reason.

Check out my brother and baby sis, what hardcore party animals =P

I should learn a thing or two about partying from them.





Then the serious stuff started. Mama came back on the Phone again, and I told her about the odd phase I am going through.

I expected some sympathy from her...

HA! How wrong was I lol.

She told me instead to stop whining and to just pretty much MAN UP! <--- This is just the gist of the 3 min phone lecture given to me, with her concluding that she knows I am better than this and that she loves me.

You know what? She's so right. What else is there for me to do? I'm here right now, in NZ. Just started a new semester of study. They are on the other side of the world. What is the point of whining and getting myself all worked up about it. I'll probably end up doing badly in my studies if I continue being this way, be dissapointed with myslef, and the sweetness of going back to see them all will turn bland.

That's it, I got a new game plan going =P Already finished one assignment today, and got another two to complete this weekend, in addition to some reading I need to get done. My head is not in the clouds anymore. YAY!

I love my mother so much.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger NiGhTFaCe said...

In the 2nd picture he looked like one of the murfs :p

March 7, 2008 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I hope you meant smurf lol.

He looks like that because of an overdose of sugar

March 9, 2008 at 4:01 AM  
Blogger NiGhTFaCe said...

Yeah smurf!

March 9, 2008 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Muggle said...

I've been feeling a bit homesick lately myself but then again I'm going home soon. In the meantime I'm just focusing on my studies and I'd rather not think about what's worrying me.
On a brighter note, I loove how your brother looks at the party. So cute mashallah :D!

March 10, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in NZ.. And where is your family ?

March 10, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

muggle: Yeah that's what I am trying to get into now. But am going home soon as well =D

anonymous: They are in Oman. Btw, who are you?

March 10, 2008 at 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She told me instead to stop whining and to just pretty much MAN UP!"
Your mother has a point, well besides the one quoted above I mean.

By the way, does your mother watch Russel Peters?

March 16, 2008 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Nopes, she neve watched him. How come?

March 16, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home