Monday, March 3, 2008

posted by Sara at

What do you do when your own mind is your prison?

I read this amazing article written by a muslim writer in Canada that really brings through the torments of a person suffereing from OCD.

The link to the article ---> http://adbusters.org/the_magazine/75/Whispers.html

What does one do when the prison is their own mind? Questioning every little thing that they do, always making them go through a double take, or even tripleor quadruple take, in order to convince the thoughts that everything is all right.

OCD stand for obsessive-compulsive disorder and it's a psychiatric anxiety disorder. You're mind basically keeps telling you to obsess over something trivial until you start going through an abnormal ritual in order to kill the thoughts, as seen from the above article.

The main reason why I am intrested in this disorder is I know someone who has it. Always on edge, always ready to explode at you if you put one thing out of order in the bedroom. Everything is meticulously in order in the bedroom, from the way the bed covers are placed on the bed to the position of the carpet on the floor. Taking ages just to do the simple task of washing the hands because the areas between the fingers need to be scrubbed three times clean since that's where all the dirt collects. It scares the hell out of me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger نورجان said...

I don't want to sound inconsiderate, but this reminded me of something I found very funny:

"I wash myself 5 times a day, and no, I don't suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder"

HAHA! ... Get it? It's about Wudhoo'.

Ahem, anyway. I agree, it's scary. We should pray for people who have this, it's sad to see people living their lives doubting everything they do. :(

March 4, 2008 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

LOL!

Well I sure as hell wasnt expecting somthing like that for a first comment =P

Yeah, God help them =(

March 4, 2008 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger MEEE said...

I have mild OCD, and I have no problem with it. But it is only with certain things, such as I need things to be aligned, symmetrical, etc. And for example: I need to blow into a glass before pouring my drink in. However, I kinda find it awesome cause sometimes it makes my things .. perfect? Like when I draw something just right, something that would take someone else 2 mins but takes me 30 mins because every time I draw a line on this side I have to fix the line on the other side and everything has to be straight etc. The outcome: people gaze at it in wonder. "How'd you do that so perfectly?" they say. hehe =)

March 6, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

meee: Glad to hear it's working in you best intrest =D

March 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home