Thursday, January 29, 2009

posted by Sara at

Marwan Khoury - Kel El Asayed (All the poems)

I very rarely like Arabic songs, because they all sound the same to me lyrically and music wise, not to mention alot of them (not all!) are pure crap xD

This song is different. When I first heared it, I was going through my punk and alternative rock phase with music and LOATHED anything not punk or alternative rock. However, I really liked this song. Like really REALLY liked it. I guess you could say it's one of my favourite arabic songs ever.

The lyrics are incredible. Simple and really heartfelt. Even though it has been translated to English subtitles in the video, the beauty of the words are kinda lost, you can just get a gist of it.

The melody and the music however, is what makes the song so good in my opinion. It starts out so desolate, so sad, speaking of heartache. Then the tone picks up, it becomes happy and so sweet! As he starts explaining the depth of his love for her. (I am really weak when it comes to the Piano, it can literally make me laugh from happiness or cry from sadness xD)

Also, the entire song, lyrics and music was written by the singer, which is rather rare in the arabic music world.

The video of the song still sucks though.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Castelluca said...

Marwan Khoury is one of my all time favorite Arabic 'artists'

and 'Kel El Asayed' is definitely one of his best! =D

January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home