Monday, January 26, 2009

posted by Sara at

Gods of Wind (uncomplete)

First and foremost, I know that's not the right way to spell the word (uncomplete) according to the English Dictionary but I DONT CARE! Am not gonna conform to THE MAN (in this case, the English Dictionary). Uncomplete sounds cuter anyway =P

Ok, rant done.

Started this drawing yesterday, and slowly getting it done while juggling other stuff at the same time.

The idea was in my mind for quite a while now, of drawing the Wind Gods, but I just couldnt figure out the right way to embody them perfectly. Yesterday morning, while laying in bed feeling rather ill, I finally realized that the way I was picturing the Wind Gods in my mind's eye was totally wrong! I imagined them to be floating in the air, the wind blowing about their attire and hair. It never did feel right, and that is why my numerous attempts at drawing them in that fashion never got completed (my sketchbook is full of the attempts lol)

Instead, this is how I drew them:



I am so incredibly jelous of the Wind Goddess' hair ...

Mind you, the drawing is not complete yet. Lots of white space to fill, not to mention the background needs to be done. I just read a tutorial on how to create kimono patterns using photoshop, and that's gonna be my next step with the drawing, adding patterns to the Goddess' kimono =)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home