Sunday, February 8, 2009

posted by Phat'Hi at

A New Taste of Drama/Horror
















I've been a fan of many series out there, mostly the lame ones and rarely the serious ones when it comes to TV shows. I've always been a better fan when it comes to anime freakiness, but I guess both addiction and passion for either died after I threw bleach in never to see again anime and started reading naruto manga (only). I haven't watched any kind of series nor recall me having the eager to watch the next episode as soon as it comes out and I have to admit that nowadays anime don't appeal to me too much. Soul eater was a disappointment, I didn't like it at all. The last thing I watched was californication season one in two days 2 monthes ago just because I bought it thinking its another how I met your mother-like series. I don't feel like watching lost for some reason, even though its the best series out there. So I was just randomly searching I discovered a BBC not so new series that caught my eye embracing the name 'Being Human'. It was aired in 2008 as a pilot, but now its going to be reaired as a full series.

"Being Human is a British television drama/horror series, broadcast on BBC Three. It stars Lenora Crichlow, Russell Tovey and Aidan Turner[1] as three twenty-something characters trying to live a normal social life, despite being a ghost, a werewolf and a vampire.

Following the success of a pilot broadcast in February 2008, a six part series began on 25 January 2009 on BBC Three.[2][3]

The show uses the little known belief that vampires must be invited over the threshold in to a private building, seen works such as Joss Whedon's shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. This is seen in the second episode in which Lauren asks Mitchell to invite her in to the house or else she would have the conversation with him in the street."

- Said wikipedia


Now I never was a fan of buffy the vampire slayer and I was not an angel constant watcher, but this sounds pretty much 'more' appealing and different. In Addition, I loved the editing and acting in a BBC show Hustle.


Characters:


Mitchell
Aidan Turner plays the good-looking and laid-back Mitchell who, in contrast to George, has the gift of the gab and an easy confidence with the ladies. But he is also a blood-sucking vampire struggling with going cold-turkey from the blood he craves.




Personal:
I bet this guy will give us some sexy moments.



George
Russell Tovey reprises his role as the lovable George, battling with his double identity as a mild-mannered and geeky hospital porter who for one night a month is transformed into a flesh-hungry, predatory werewolf.





Personal:
I have a feeling that this is my favorite out of them.



Annie
Completing the flat-share trio is Annie, played by Lenora Crichlow, a talkative ghost lacking in self-confidence and desperate for company. Annie is still pining after her boyfriend, whom she was due to marry before the fatal accident that left her with her ghostly affliction - and who happens to be the landlord of their flat.





Personal:
One word. "Boring".


I'm certainly going to follow this, I'm already downloading the first two episodes and I will be reviewing each one. The major issue here is that BBC is a bitch when it comes to releasing episodes for the next episode has 27 days left. to be aired I presume one episode each month with more than one hour length.




Kul Tuv & Lehitrahout.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I totally agree with you on Bleach, it kinda killed my excitement for anime. Oh those filler episodes xD

Being Human sounds SO intresting! And I do like British shows, so I guess il be watching this =P Thanks for sharing

February 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

try watching Tower of Druaga! (don’t be put off by the first ep xD)
and the second season’s more interesting lol

and Gintama, I love it so much
you seem alien to me for not wanting to watch it

hmm there’s Serei no Moribito – it’s simple so others might find it boring but I really liked it

Samurai Champloo! I want to rewatch this – been years.. hehe I will, maybe along with school rumble

Eureka 7

maroko el6a’3eera hahaha

there were some street fighter I enjoyed!
I think it was street fighter 2 or alpha.. can’t remember

oh! I think you’ll like Great Teacher Onizuka xD

code geass I liked but I have a feeling u wont lol
its got lots of twists and turns hehe

February 11, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home