Wednesday, January 14, 2009

posted by Sara at

Melinda done

Melinda Back

Finally, I found the time to finish her! It was getting a bit depressing, not to mention freaky, seeing her head only sitting on my desk and staring at me all day. Now she has a body =D !

Creating the body, using clay and a copper wire armature, did not take too long. However, creating the dress did, due to the fact that I am hopeless at sewing, even though I've had lots of practice at it with my Grandmother when I was younger. Thank goodness I managed to piece together something decent in the end.

The above photo is my favourite of hers. I love how she's standing, with a dignified air and stance, her shadow long and dark behind her. Hey, she may not be perfect, but I love her =P Hopefully she will be featured in a claymation very soon.

Two more photos of Melinda:

Melinda Back 2

Melinda Side

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

xD she's creepy even with her full body =/ !!

*cuts her head*

well done PIB :P *claps* i have no more comments am just waiting for her clay motion video ;)

=================

January 15, 2009 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Phat'Hi said...

*big frantic Applause*

January 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Cheers you two =)

January 15, 2009 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Muggle said...

You've done a great job with the dress (and the whole thing) :D!

January 17, 2009 at 3:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks Muggle =D

January 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she’s gorgeous!
I think with fingers she might look even more elegant but it might make her look creepy lol ^^’
they’re cute without them
can’t wait for the claymation :D

January 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Lily: Isn't she? ^_^ I tried oh so hard to giver her fingers that are long and elegant, but they always ended up looking so sausage like xD You are right though, I'll work on fixing that this weekend =)

Thanks for passing by ^_^

January 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home